NO DROP SYSTEM
To install the starter row of exterior sheathing so that it is flush or even with the bottom of the mudsill, having no drop over the top of the foundation wall, use the Dodge Hanger Corner® ‘0’ (DHC0) along with the Dodge Hanger Bottom® (DHB).
1. You will need one DHC0 for each outside corner.
2. Bend the top tab of the DHC0 over and place on mudsill at each corner. If mudsill is larger than 1.5”, do not bend the top tab over, but attach directly to the side of the mudsill.
3. Lightly hammer the stab tab on the DHC0 to help hold it in place on the mudsill.
4. Fasten the DHC0 to the mudsill with Approved Fasteners*.
5. Starting with a corner, it is recommended you attach the DHB on a 1’ by 3’ pattern around the mud sill plate, after establishing the layout of the product being used. You should place a DHB no more than 6” in from each joint/seam.
6. For vertically installed sheathing (4’ x 8’, 9’, 10’, 12’) it is recommended you use (2) DHB’s per sheet of sheathing material.
7. For horizontally installed wall sheathing (8’ x 4’) it is recommended you use (3) DHB’s per sheet (i.e., (1) hanger each at 6”, 4’, 7’6”). (2) DHB’s should be placed no more than 6” inside either end of the sheet, with (1) DHB in the center of the sheet.
A DHC0 will substitute as (1) hanger at an outside corner.
8. Insert the bottom tab of the DHB between the mudsill and the top of the foundation wall.
9. Lightly hammer the stab tab of the DHB to hold the DHB in place against the mudsill.
10. Secure with Approved Fasteners*.
11. Place sheathing on the hangers and nail-off.
*Check your local building code.