SIDINGS - NO DROP SYSTEM®
The Dodge Hanger Bottom® (DHB) is part of a no drop system that is designed to install the starter row of the siding even or flush with the bottom of the sheathing.
We recommend you use the DHB to hang your siding if you have already dropped your sheathing below the mudsill with a DHTL or a DHR.
Select the DHB with a saddle width that matches the thickness of the siding material to be installed.
1. Use (2) DHB’s on 5’ material or less; for material over 5’ long, we recommend (3) DHB’s.
2. Place a DHB on the sheathing, where it will be no more than 6” from either end of the siding to be hung.
3. For material longer than 5’, we recommend placing a (1) DHB in the center of the material.
4. Lightly hammer the quick-mount stab tab on the DHB into the sheathing to hold it in place.
5. Install the DHB’s on the sheathing using Approved Fasteners*.
6. Place your siding on the DHB’s to hold the starter row of siding.