Use the Dodge Hanger Corner® 1.5 (DHC15) along with the Dodge Hanger Top Leveler®(DHTL15) or Dodge Hanger Rear® (DHR) to install the starter row of the sheathing with a drop below the mudsill.
Select the DHC15 and the DHTL with saddle widths that fit the thickness of the sheathing material to be installed.
1. You will need a DHC15 for each outside corner.
2. Bend the top tab of the DHC15 over and place on the mudsill at each corner. If mudsill is larger than 1.5”, do not bend the top tab over, but attach directly to the side of the mudsill.
3. Lightly hammer the stab tab on the DHC15 to help hold it on the mudsill.
4. Fasten to the mudsill with Approved Fasteners*.
5. Using the DHC15 along with the DHTL , your sheathing will hang approximately 1” below the foundation.
6. Once your DHC15’s are installed, it is recommended you attach the DHTL is on a 1’ by 3’ pattern around the mud sill plate, after establishing the layout of the sheathing to be installed. You should place a DHTL no more than 6” in from each joint/seam.
7. For vertically installed sheathing (4’ x 8’, 9’, 10’, 12’) it is recommended you use (2) DHTL’s per sheet.
8. For horizontally installed wall sheathing (8’ x 4’) it is recommended you use (3) DHTL’s per sheet (i.e., (1) hanger each at 6”, 4’, 7’6”).
A DHC15 will substitute as (1) hanger at an outside corner.
9. DHTL comes in 1.5” and 2.5” heights. Select the DHTL based on the height of the installed mudsill.
10. Bend the top tab of the DHTL over, forming a 90° angle, and set it on the top of the mudsill.
11. Lightly hammer the stab tab on the DHTL into the mudsill.
12. Attach with Approved Fasteners*.
13. The saddle of the DHTL will hang approximately 1” below the mudsill, allowing the sheathing to drop as it rests on the hanger.
If you can’t access the top of the mudsill, use the DHR.
A. Insert the rear tab of the DHR between the mudsill and the top of the foundation wall.
B. Lightly hammer the stab tab of the DHR to hold it in place against the mudsill.
C. Secure with Approved Fastener*.
D. Place sheathing on the hangers and nail-off.